Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reflection

Thursday was the last actual day of class for Art and Technology, it was also the day of our final presentation. Overall I think that our group presented itself in a professional manner, as our objective was to treat this situation as if we were explaining our process and ideas to a grant committee. We truly worked to consider all aspects of our previous design that could be improved and modified to create a better version of our original idea. I think that if we could somehow get support for our Shoosher, we could make an effective device that could be used in collegiate libraries for noise control.

The semester itself was also enjoyable, but filled with challenges. It was a change to go from strictly graphic design studio classes to this work environment, transitioning from self-motivated work to collaborative work. It was great to see how everybody's strengths and talents came together to fulfill the expectations of the class, and I think those specifics manifested themselves in everyone's projects. I really owe thanks to my group members, we all tossed in every possible skill we had to make our projects the best that they could be and I know that we would NOT have been as successful if even one of our members was absent.

I think that it would be beneficial for there to be a "part two" of this class, taken the following semester, so that students could work further on projects made in the first semester or work more in-depth on one or two semester-long projects. With the limited amount of time in one semester, I noticed that it was difficult to really do all necessary research, develop an idea, figure out how to accomplish the idea, and then execute it successfully.


I really enjoyed my semester, I think that for an experimental class it finished well and I think that the group of students involved also took the task at hand and ran with it to create successful, interesting, and compelling pieces using previously developed and newly developed skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment