Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yay project 2 completion... rejoicing short-lived

Tomorrow we present project 2. On Friday I met with Noah and we played around with the tolerance levels of the device (which was good timing because our code was on the N drive that failed this weekend!! *phew*)
It's really interesting to see how it reacts to the human voice because it seemed to respond more quickly to Noah's voice than mine. Perhaps, we thought, because male and female voices are not on the same frequency? But I had to raise my voice louder than Noah to even get a light to occur. The noise is funny too because sometimes it makes other random sounds. It is definitely annoying, which I think is good incentive to keep quiet in a place where quiet is needed.

I also printed our pamphlets, that was a two hour ordeal. It took me forever to figure out which program to use to print that would give me the best combination of color matching (between the print and the screen) and double-sided printing. You would think that whatever you make on screen would translate well to its printed counterpart but it is quite the opposite, that is why I always do several test prints before I do the final version. But this was definitely a fight. I did get it the best that I could and they look pretty good (for some reason there is a lot of red in my dark areas... but unfortunately I can't better the situation any more).

Tomorrow night I am corralling my group for a meeting so we can sit down and designate tasks for the new project, and set goals. There is little time left to the semester and we need to stay focused in order to finish. Thanksgiving, although delicious and my favorite holiday, throws a wrench into anything because that eliminates a substantial amount of time for us to work collaboratively... perhaps time for separate research/ tasks/ etc. I know it will get done, it always does no matter what.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment