Thursday, September 2, 2010

Recap of the Day

Today marked the first two weeks of this class and I think my group is finally starting to get somewhere. We still need to tinker with our circuits and decide what parts we are going to use/ what exactly we want to make it do. We also started to think about the housing that all of the "guts" are going to fit into and we decided to design our instrument with the intention of it being played by a group. The group will activate the sounds by throwing around the instrument and touching different sensors that will be on the outside of the body(Tim LaSalle, one of my group members brought in this kid guitar with an LED sensor that we've been trying to figure out how to incorporate). The housing will be made out of laser cut cardboard.

Tonight I will be drawing out some possible designs to use in the software... which we have already predetermined that we want to utilize a cylindrical shaped core that is inside two octagonal pieces that lock onto either end of the cylinder and will provide surface area to place the buttons and sensors. The important thing here is to get the measurements correct so that the housing the laser cutter produces for us actually works once we assemble it.

Also- I don't think we can really put together out circuit until our housing is done... so my group has to be determined to get this completed so we can have our instrument done on time and THEN think about the performance aspect.

But I do have confidence in my team... we work quite well together and I can't wait to see the end result.


Pictures from today :)





No comments:

Post a Comment