Saturday, September 25, 2010

UPDATE :)

The project is due in less than 48 hours and now it's down to the wire...

Yesterday (Friday) my group met for quite a while and we started to really assemble our instruments, after a Chinese food party. We were able to finish three of them, but had some problems with one due to how we applied glue (but I just got the word that that problem was fixed today so all four parts of our instrument are functioning!). My instrument also had problems with the potentiometer, it wasn't tightened down enough when we first put it together so it kept moving around- meaning that the indicator knob wouldn't line up with the symbols I applied to the cardboard (but it was fixed after much tired frustration).

This morning I started working on a symbol system for our score, which will be applied tomorrow when we are all able to meet again to put the finishing touches on everything, mark up our instruments with labels and such, and then jam out to figure out our score.

It's really amazing seeing this thing come together, It's totally different from any other project I've ever been part of and I was so lucky to get to work with two fantastic peers. I think our hard work and dedication shows in this thing, we had plenty of obstacles and frustrations but we worked it out... and I am looking forward to showing the class what we did.

Screen shots of what I worked on for the score:


No comments:

Post a Comment